Members Only Archive
- Greene v. Camreta:
Peace officers and CPS agents should fill out these forms when seeking the interview or detention of a pupil. Our May 5 SLS Update on the Greene v. Camreta case has more information. (10/10) ** please contact SLS before you use one of these forms
- 2008 Education Related Legislation with Introduction (2008) and Index (2008) (12/08)
- August 2008 Workshop Now On-line
- Effect of ”Day of Mourning” Proclamation for President Ford (12/29/06)
- Don’t forget to Update Your Roster of Public Agencies with the Secretary of State. See our December 1, 2006 letter to clients for more details.
- See the Bonds and Finance section of the Business and Construction practice area for information on what activities are permitted and prohibited for employees and board members regarding bond elections (posted 10/9/06)
- The October 1, 2006 deadline has passed for filing 2006 Conflict of Interest Codes with your district’s reviewing body.
- 2005 Education Related Legislation with Introduction (2005) and Index (2005) (12/05)
- Effect of President’s ”Day of Mourning” Proclamation (6/10/04)
Education Code § 48980 and other various statutes require school districts to give written notification to parents on an annual basis regarding programs, rights, and services. Each year, we prepare an updated sample of this notice for distribution to our clients. Use the links below to access a version of the notice that you can follow in preparing your district’s notice.
- Annual Notice to Parents 2011-2012
- Annual Notice to Parents 2010 with our cover letter
- Annual Notice to Parents 2009 and our letter on Annual Notice Updates for 2009
- Annual Notice to Parents 2008 and our letter on Annual Notice Updates for 2008
- Annual Notice to Parents 2007 and our letter on Annual Notice Updates for 2007
- Annual Notice to Parents 2006 and our letter on Annual Notice Updates for 2006
- Annual Notice to Parents 2005 and our letter on Annual Notice Updates for 2005 (Updated 7/7/05)
- 2004 Annual Notice to Parents and our letter on Annual Notice Updates for 2004
- 2003 Annual Notice to Parents and our letter on Annual Notice Updates for 2003
- SLS July 18, 2002 memo on the effects of the Federal No Child Left Behind Act for additions to the Annual Notice to Parents
- 2002 Annual Notice to Parents